Tuesday 22 November 2016

Evaluation on my Finished Poster

Finished Poster Evaluation




This is my finished poster. I will be evaluating it and explaining why I chose the features I used.





The Title

Choosing my title I had a variety of options to use. In my previous blog post (click here to read) I spoke about using 3 different fonts. 
-Garamond
-Helvectia
-Bloodlust


In the end I used none of them. I chose a font off photoshop called:
 




And it ended up looking like this:








The font created the look off the writing but in order to make it have extra features such as it having a glowing white edge I used other features off photoshop.


Bevel & Emboss

Gave the bold effect

Inner Shadow

Created the shadow off the title, I chose a white shadow to make it stand out

Inner Glow

Made the title glow 



To create the colour of my title I used the Dark Room red lights and pasted the colour into the title.

Here is the red lights.

Although it has turned into a slight pink colour I think it contrasts with the black background really well which coinsides with the thriller/genre. The colour also makes it stand out well and makes it more noticiable, emphasising the importance of the title.



Reason for Title name


I chose the name "The Magazine" because it works well with features within our film where the Protagonist sees herself on a magazine. It also creates a sense of mystery due to the title not fitting in with the picture of the poster, this shows our thriller genre.


 The Picture





On the left is the original photo, this was taken during a shoot and was spontaneous for a picture on the blog. You can see that the lighting is dim and is mainly made up of the red lighting and the red lighting isn't as bold.

On the right is my finished poster. As you can see I have made it considerably darker and emphasised the red lights to make it look more eerie. Despite the idea being to make the audience scared by the dark lighting, I do think I have made it too dark. If my poster gets chosen as the main poster I will lighten it as you cannot see the true scared facial expressions of Louise



Representations

In the poster there is a negative representation towards Women due to the protagonist being tied up, this gives the image that Women are the submissive gender in the World. Due to our film being targeted at teenagers aged 15-25 this gives a negative message to our target audience as they might be inspired by the negative approach towards Women. 

Short Film Poster Genre Conventions

Our film is a thriller/ horror genre and I think I have achieved the conventions within my poster.
By making my poster dark and having the main character tied up, it complies with the horror conventions genre as you are unknown of what is in the darkness and why Louise is tied up.
It also matches thriller genre conventions because enigma is created through the darkness of the settings.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment